|This is the end result|
Oh, and I haven't had a trim in forever.
|My hair is still with protein treatment|
|Yupp, you see that PCOS hair|
So, I am taking control of my hair care regime, or lack thereof. Last week I used the LOC method, and this week I am excited to use the LCO method and see how my hair likes that. Ok, so let's get into what I did for my wash day:
- Separate hair into 4 sections
- Coated my hair in a coconut oil and rosemary oil mix
- Covered hair with a plastic bag for 1 hour
- Detangled my hair with a medium wide tooth comb
- Washed my scalp with Camille Rose Naturals Sweet Ginger Cleansing Rinse once
- Saturated hair in Aphogee Two-step Treatment Protein
- Co-washed hair with Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer mixed with Camille Rose Naturals Moroccan Pear Conditioning Custard
- Detangled hair with this conditioner mix in hair with fingers and comb
- Rinsed with apple cider vingar and water
- Sprayed Bella Curls Coconut Water Mist
- Applied Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter
- Sealed with sweet almond oil
- Twisted hair
Damn, Who says natural hair care is easier? I remember in the relaxer days all I did was wash my hair 2-3 weeks after my perm, condition, apply heat until the next time for another perm. Oh, and grease my scalp. And dye the hell out of my hair. Those days are over...
All in all this process takes like 2.5hrs. It takes that long because of the wait time because I don't use heat on my hair. I will do a protein treatment every 6 weeks. The washing and detangling process is a breeze now. Oil is the key. And snipping my ends after I twist my hair. Not the most ideal for a trim, but I'm not picky about how my curls fall. I usually end up cutting layers that look good.